- Negative: It means that no oncogenic types of HPV were found.
- Positive: Oncogenic types of HPV were detected.
- Positive for a specific type (HPV 16 or HPV 18).
Frequently Asked Questions
Diagnosis of genital wartsTreatment of genital wartsHow can you know if the individual you will have intercourse with has the infection and that you may become infected?
HPVs: What they are and what they cause
How frequent are subclinical lesions caused by HPV in the general population and what is the incidence compared to the incidence of genital warts?If an infection is discovered, what is the next step, what is the treatment and which subclinical lesions do we follow up?
- HPV and cancer
From infection to precancerous lesions and cancerDescription of procedures
- Am I the only one with HPV?
How do you explain that many people are infected by HPV viruses but only a few have serious problems from them?Does the chance of infection by genital types of HPV increase depending on the number of sexual partners?
- How did I get HPV?
- When did I contract HPV and who gave it to me?
- What are the tests necessary for checking an HPV infection?
Pap testHPV DNA testColposcopyWhat does the doctor see under the microscope when examining a biopsy and what are the possible diagnoses?
- Will I always have HPV?
- How can I protect myself from HPV?
Men and HPV